I'm so excited to announce that I'm getting into the patch game! I've designed two patches based on my lapel pins, and here they are!
They feature felt, metallic gold thread, and an iron-on backing. You can find more info or purchase them on at my shop. Here's what the backing cards look like. I hope you like them!
And here's what it looks like on my sweater:
I found the best way to iron them on was to:
1. Place the patch where you want it on a flat surface or ironing board.
2. Take a handkerchief or pillow case and put that on top of the patch.
3. Take the iron, for cotton I set the iron to the highest setting, and press my iron on the patch. I move iron around in slow circles over the patch for about a minute.
4. Flip the sweater inside out and then press the iron on the backside for about 30 seconds, no handkerchief or pillow case needed.
5. Let it settle for a little bit, and voila! You have sweater with a patch on it! Enjoy!
If you're in San Francisco, I'll be at the Urban Air Market in Hayes Valley on May 1st from 11am - 6pm right next to Blue Bottle.