I hope everyone is having a great start to the new year. The year is already moving quickly for me. I think 2015 will be a great year.
In no particular order, these are my goals for 2015.
1. Get fit and healthy - these past few years have not be healthy for me. I want to lose a good amount of weight and feel good about the skin I'm in. I want to train for another triathlon and at least a half marathon this year, and get back into rock climbing.
2. Go on more adventures - I've lived in Northern California for over 8 years now, but I still feel like I haven't explored the area around me enough! I hope to take more weekend trips. I also want to travel for a week or two this year too. My brother is going to travel for six months so it would be cool to meet up with him somewhere.
3. Take some risks with my business and get better at running it - Last year I started my Etsy shop as a hobby, but I do want it to make it something more real. There's a lot to think about of how to grow my business and get into stores, that's definitely one of my goals this year. I'm also excited to experiment with other things other than greeting cards.
4. Taking my blog to the next level - I also started my blog a year ago, but I did not to consistently post as much as I wanted to. I'm hoping that this year I will get the chance to blog more and one day I can do some cool brand collaborations.
5. Staying in touch with friends - Work and life can get in the way so quickly, but this year I want to do a better job at staying connected with friends.
6. Save money - It's been so hard to save money as an artist, but as I get older it's getting more and more important to have a nice cushion for future investments.
7. More personal projects - Work on more projects that I care about and see them through. I want be able to collaborate with other
8. Get better at lettering and illustration - I love lettering and illustration, and that's something that I really want to continually improve and push myself.
9. Become a better photographer - I want to get better at lighting. I want to take more consistent product photos. I also just want to be more comfortable using my camera and taking more pictures general. Who knows, maybe I'll take more engagement photos this year! I'd also love to do some styling and art directing. That would be the dream!
10. Take more art classes - I want to take a ceramics class, hand looming class, and a sewing class.
11. Improve my Spanish and Mandarin - I love languages and want to do a better job and continuing to practice and learn Spanish and Mandarin.
12. Improve my singing and dancing - I use to sing in choir in high school and miss it. I also did ballroom dancing in college and miss it. I would love to become more confident of my singing and get better at swing dancing.
What are your goals? May all of them come true! Alright, time to get to my goals! Happy 2015!